Monday, November 10, 2014

I'm finally home...

I made it to Moab, Ut Friday afternoon after a great ride through Zion National Park and Capitol Reef National Park. I cruised through town and found the Moab Brewery and stopped for a meal and a couple of beers. I then decided it was time to find a suitable campsite for the next two days. I located a campground just north of town on the Colorado River. Moab is a great little town located right on the Colorado River between two National Parks, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Moab brings in tourists who seek all kinds of out door adventures from rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, dirt biking, and jeeping, etc. I settled in for the night and planned to tour Arches National Park the next day. 

I woke up to a brisk morning in the 40's and had a great breakfast of oatmeal from inside the tent. After getting up and getting moving I warmed up the bike and headed toward Arches National Park. I spent the majority of the day exploring and seeing the sights of the park. The day ended up warming up and it turned into a beautiful sunny day. After touring the park I made my way back into Moab and found a great little Mexican restaurant for an early dinner, late lunch. After I had my fill I toured the town a little, stopped by the grocery store for a few other essentials, and made my way back to camp. I started a fire and began to get things organized for my departure in the morning. 

The moon was so bright the last two nights it was hard to believe it was the moon. I was in a canyon so the moon would creep up from behind the canyon wall around 7:30 pm and light up the entire canyon to the point you no longer needed a flashlight. I was in bed and listening to music by 8:00 pm and asleep shortly thereafter. The next morning I woke up early and broke down camp. I had a 430 mile ride ahead of me home. The first half of the day I spent riding in chilly 30 and 40 deg weather, by early afternoon it had warmed up to pleasant 55 deg. I was home by dark and it was hard to believe that my two week trip was actually complete.   


My camp spot on the Colorado River in Moab, Ut.




















All the above pictures are from touring Arches National Park.


My completed trip totals. 


The orange beast and I finally home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment